Right To Information Act, 2005
The Act has been passed by the Legislative Authority of India for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure information under the control of Public Authorities.
The objective of this act is –
- To promote transparency.
- To constitute a Central Information Commission.
- To constitute State Information Commission.
- To constitute district level machinery.
Executive machineries in Krishnanagar Police District to cater information to the public under this act :-
- State Public Information Officer:- Dy. Superintendent of Police (HQ), Krishnanagar Police District.
- Appellate Authority :- Superintendent of Police (HQ), Krishnanagar Police District.
- Office Address:- Office of the Superintendent of Police, Krishnanagar Police District, Nagendranagar,Krishnanagar, Nadia, PIN- 741101.
Land Mark:- Near office of the District Register, Krishnanagar, Nadia.
How to apply for information:-
- A person may apply for information under this Act in writing or through Electronic means in English/ Hindi/ Official Language/ Language of the local area (under section 6 (1) of RTI Act. 2005). Accompanied with a Court fee of rupees ten, or a non-judicial Stamp paper of rupees ten, or by Demand Draft or bankers Cheques or Indian Postal Order.
Provided that the fee prescribed under sub-section (1) of section 6 and sub-sections (1) and (5) of section 7 of this Act shall be reasonable and no such fee shall be charged from the persons who are of below poverty line as may be determined by the appropriate Government.
- The applicant shall address his/her application to the State Public Information Officer, Krishnanagar Police District, mentioning his/her postal address properly.
Response of State Public Information Officer:-
- The public information officer may furnish required information to the applicant within 30 days of receipt of the application.
- Denial of information shall also be intimated by the SPIO.
- In case of required information lying with other authorities, the application shall be transferred to the concern authority with an intimation to the applicant.
- Even after 30 days of submission of application, if an applicant does not receive his required information, he may consider the noncompliance a refusal
A person may prefer an appeal to the appellate authority in case of :-
- The information furnished by SPIO is not to the satisfaction of the applicant.
- The information is denied by SPIO.
- Even after passage of 30 days of receipt of application, if the applicant does not receive the required information. The applicant may consider it a refusal [section 7(2)(I)]
How to apply for an Appeal:-
- A person may apply for an appeal in writing or through Electronic means in English/ Hindi/ Official Language/ Language if the local area (under section 19 (1) of RTI Act. 2005).
- The applicant shall address his/her application to the Appellate Authority under RTI Act, Krishnanagar Police District, mentioning his/her postal address properly.
- The applicant shall describe his/her ground of appeal in his application.
- The applicant may submit his/her appeal within 30 days from the date of receipt of information from SPIO.
Response of Appellate Authority:-
- The Appellate Authority shall dispose of the appeal within 30 days of receipt of the appeal or within such extended period not exceeding a total of 45 days (Under Section 19(6) of RTI Act.).
Please visit – https://rti.gov.in to apply online.